You’ve made the decision that it’s time to move. Now what are the next steps to successfully selling your home?
1. Choose the correct price.
No seller wants to leave money on the table. Determining the value of your property is the first step to making sure its properly priced. Not entirely sure what your home is worth? Click here for a FREE home valuation tool and receive an instant quote! Have several conversations with your listing agent around pricing. Agents have access to online tools, market reports, and statistics of other homes that have sold in your area, and their local knowledge and expertise is vital in setting the right price of your home.
2. Work with the RIGHT local real estate agent.
Research real estate agencies and speak to a few local real estate agents before deciding who is best to represent your home. Having the right agent can make or break your selling experience. Work with an agent who is tech savvy and can provide a powerful online marketing strategy to sell your home.
Be sure to ask what the listing agent’s strategy is, and check to see if they have successfully sold other homes in your local area before.
A cluttered house does not show well to interested buyers. The tidier you can make your home before listing it on the market- the better! Anything that is NOT essential to your everyday use should be stored or packed away. Presenting a clean, clutter-free home looks better to interested buyers, and showcases the home in a premier way.
4. Put personalized items away.
You want to create and present a space that appeals to every type of buyer. Taking you and your family “out of your house” will allow prospective buyers to imagine and envision themselves living in the house and making it their own. Baby pictures, for example, could potentially send a message that the home is only for families, or people with kids. For empty nesters, or people without children, this could send a message that the house is not for them.
5. Revitalize the Outside
The exterior of your home is the first impression a buyer will get of your home- whether it be on social media, your website, or in person driving by. Spruce up the landscaping by weeding, mowing, trimming hedges, adding mulch and planting or displaying bright, cheerful looking flowers near the entryway.
Paint shutters, pressure wash your siding, bricks, walkway and driveway so that everything sparkles. Place a birdfeeder on the lawn, or a rocking chair on your front porch. Create a warm and welcoming vibe that feels like “home.”
6. Proper Staging
If your home is empty when it’s on the market, you’ll need to work with your listing agent to properly stage your home. When prospective buyers walk through, you’ll want to highlight your home’s strengths and soften its flaws. A fresh coat of paint, for example, can do wonders for featuring your home.
- Choose neutral colors for walls, decor, and furniture.
- Let there be light! Natural light is one of the biggest selling features of home!
- Leave just enough furniture in each room to make it look functional and roomy, yet not cluttered.
- Deep clean everything!
7. WOW factor photography
Most real estate teams will have a photographer and videographer on staff, or leverage contractors. Photos will be the first virtual “introduction” many buyers get to your home. Allowing your home to dazzle in each photo will generate interest. With 95% of consumers using online research above all else, its vital to have your home sparkle on social media, your website, and other search engines like Zillow.
Taking photos yourself? Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Take photos that utilize as much light as possible.
- Take high-resolution images—a camera will typically take higher resolution photos than your phone.
- Edit the photos. Brighten them up and crop them so every room is straight and beautifully centered.
- Take horizontal photos. They look better in online listings.
8. Spread the Word
Don’t be shy! Tell family, friends, and neighbors you are selling your home. Use your social media platforms to spread the word and get the news out! Your real estate agent will also have a marketing strategy, but the more communication, the better!
Our Selling Strategy
We'd love to accompany you on this journey. What to Expect from Bradley and Bradley Real Estate during the Selling Process:
· Honesty: we know that selling your home can be an emotional experience and you as a seller deserve honesty.
· Full-Time Efforts: we provide a full-time realtor and then some! We are a team behind selling your home.
· Current Coverage: since our photos, videos, and marketing are all done in-house, we will continuously update your home to potential buyers.
· Industry Experience: our team knows the real estate market and homes. We know how much a new kitchen costs and are up to date on the current trends and styles.
· Frequent Communication: buying a home can be stressful and you want a realtor who is with you for every step. We provide feedback on every showing and keep in constant contact with you.
· Marketing Presence: our team will create a custom marketing plan for your home and area and leverages digital and social platforms to spread the message, in addition to creative write-ups, open houses, and promotions.
· Staging: we will stage and design your home to create the perfect ambiance and environment that buyers are looking for. Our team is knowledgeable and savvy on current designs, styles and trends.